Thursday, April 29, 2010

Don't do Plyo Pushups on Laminate Wood Floors

You probably already guessed what happened to me, and you probably already started laughing. I've done them before on this type of floor and never had problems, but this time was different.

0.jpg


Funny thing about this, or more like karma, I was reading Sam's P90x blog right before I went on my mission and laughed (to myself lightly - Sam, in case you're reading this...) about his reason. I laughed (more like a light "ha") because I noticed that I don't grit my teeth when working out, but, in a very odd way, almost dislocate my bottom jaw in some weird breathing form. Kind of like how my son pouts.

So after I was midstream in the workout, Plyo Pushups came around. I wasn't ready for this at all. I had a week and some time off healing from being sick and by the time this torture came about, I was WASTED - and not in the fun, with your friends, on a Saturday night way. More like in the "I Can't Hold Myself Up" way.

So there I was, in the push up position ready to beat gravity and push the ground when I flew up in the air and landed onto a slippery hand. BAM. Face Plant. 'Nuff said.

I was OK, no physical injury but I actually looked around, in my basement, to see if anyone saw me. Found my two dogs just laughing to themselves. I knew they were. I could see it on their snouts. Friends huh...

Ego hurt aside, I finished Ab Ripper. Man, a FEW weeks off from this and I knew it! I was killing it before I came back from Africa, now it was teaching me a lesson in ass kicking.

I finished it thinking that I can't have that hanging over my head. What would me Army friends think? And then to finish it off, I did about 15 mins of HIIT on the tread mill just so I could say that I did. I'm done.

Mark out...

No comments:

Post a Comment